the best way
to see Russia -
want to go
Henry & Jessica
"HOFA is the most established and reliable agency
for finding private accommodation.."
The Lonely Planet guide
Russian homestays, apartments, visas, hotels, services by
Host Families Association (HOFA)
hofa homestays *
HOFA hosting cities
Frequently Asked Questions
How will be my visit organized by HOFA?
- Please fill up and send us a Lodging Request form.
The same day we will advise you the availability, send you the price list and forward you to our Reservation
- As soon as we receive your Reservation Form we will send you an invoice with addresses of suggested lodging and ask
you to pay a deposit. The earlier you reserve your stay the better accommodation we will be able to arrange.
- Upon receipt of your deposit we will fax you a visa invitation and send you the full accommodation details.
- You will process your visa in a Russian consulate in your area by yourself, or with the help of a Visa Service
(addresses to follow). We will register your visas upon your arrival.
- You will be asked to pay the balance in cash (€ or rubles at the rate of € purchase) after you accept
your accommodation upon arrival. Rubles can be retrieved from the local ATMs.
In what cases it is advisable to order HOFA ticket purchase in advance?
- You can purchase your tickets to Bolshoi at http://www.bolshoi.ru/en/timetable/,
to Mariinski at http://www.mariinsky.ru/en/playbill/playbill/
- Web sites for the train tickets are in Russian. We can purchase your train tickets in advance
with your credit card after you reserve your stay with HOFA.
- Information or purchase service costs 5 € per destination.
- To find information on timetables and costs we should know destinations and dates of your trips.
- To purchase the tickets on your request we should know the details of your credit card:
1. Number of your card
2. Expiration date
3. Control number on the back side of the card